Sunday 9 May 2010

Latest cards

Welcome to a round up of cards I've made over the past few days, starting with a simple pyramid card for a male birthday.  I love lighthouses, and would live in one if it was in the right location and if I had the money, of course! :-) 



There is a baby imminent in the family, so this pyramid easel card is just waiting for the name to be added.  


A very dear friend of mine has been away on hols.  Only for 2 weeks, but I miss her loads, so thought I would send this card to welcome her back home.  It can be quite a downer coming back from a fab holiday, so hope this will cheer her up when she gets back :-)   I really love these Hampstead papers from Papermania.  So rich and warm; perfect for this kind of card I think.  The pink flowers at the bottom are made with my new favourite toy, the fab floral punch and emboss sets.  



I saw a tutorial about making origami flowers, and had to have a go.   I cut out the flowers with a nestability scalloped circle, then embossed in the Divine Swirls cuttlebug folder, after which they were distressed with Tim Holtz inks, before the folding process begins.   I am going to be bold and enter this card in the Crafty Cardmakers Distress Challenge.




7 lovely people comments:

Tracy said...

Helloooooooo,
Loving your blog missus!!
Your cards are all gorgeous my fav is the house....stunning!!!!
Was great to get a visit from you,how are you doing?
Bust crfating i can see,lol!
Looking forward to popping back soon.
Big hugs sent your way
Tracy
xxx

Copse said...

Ohhhh Hunny, some lovely cards and Sarah and Stu will be made up to recived that card when they come back from their Hols, what a lovely though, love the Baby card and the last card is very striking :-) Kaz x

Michelle's Blog and Cards said...

Hi Chris - lovely to see you on my blog and hope you are well. Your cards are beautiful and my favourite is the baby easel card, it is so sweet. I love your origami flower too, its amazing - Michelle x

Unknown said...

oh what wonderful cards, some work went into that flower, its brill well done and thanks for playin with us at crafty cardmakers xx

Martine said...

ooo someone has been busy, wow such stunning creations darlin, they are all gorgeous, especially love the first one with the lighthouse :)

xx

Martine

Susan.... said...

Whata lovely selection of your beautiful creations ! Sarah and Stu will love their card..
Hugs
susanX

tiggertastic said...

Love, love love love love the house card :) but thats because i was the lucky lady to open it up on returning home from holidays and i now sits in my living room, then will get displayed in my craft room. it really is so creative.

thanks again love, sarah xx