Tuesday 15 June 2010

Bags, tags and bobtails

So, where has the time flown to lately?!   Is it advancing years or just being busy that makes the days and weeks shoot past like sand barrelling down an hourglass at warp speed?  Both, I guess.  I prefer the latter explanation mind you - and to prove the point here are some of my recent creations.  

A fab handbag card complete with charms, phone and a little bling in the form of a jewelled brad.  Gorgeous pearlised card for the main body of the bag, and glossy card for the clasp, handle and charms.  



Next, my first ever commission card - ok, it was commissioned by my big sis, but that's good enough for me! :-)   I thought I was quite clever in fotoflexing text onto the cricket bat, and the sentiment.  Howzat for diy toppers then?


I've become a bit of a fan of swap-bot.com.  Click on the flag at top right of the page to see the swap I am currently hosting.    This bookmark was one i sent off for a previous swap which had to use salvaged items.  I used the tag from a pair of jeans i bought recently.  Tags on clothes are so pretty sometimes, it seems a craft-crime to throw them away so i was real happy to use this on my bookmark, and i have since gained another tag from an item of clothing that is crying out for re-use, so watch this space :-) 


Lastly, a simple anniversary card.  I adore swans, and think they are a perfect symbol of enduring love.  This photo didn't come out so well though - the card is much more a bronze colour and pearlised too.  

So there you have it for now.   Thanks for stopping by xx

13 lovely people comments:

Copse said...

Chris, they are all Fab, I love the Bag and the Swans are so elegant, all the Makes are just fab, well done :-)

Max said...

Oh I am definitely with you on the time issue - it is speeding up and I'm sloing down - at least that's how it feels LOL!
Love all your goodies and can't decide whether the handbag or the swans are my favourite. Gorgeous!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Netty said...

Love them all, beautiful. Annette x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikbee said...

Chris I love all your makes, but I think the bag is my favourite.

Nikki x

Unknown said...

you have been very busy, love the bag and the charms so pretty, those bookmarks are fab, i have just ripped a few of some new clothes and popped them on my desk as well. great blog xx

Heather said...

Gorgeous makes, I love the handbag and the swans though!

Heather x x

Michelle's Blog and Cards said...

OH Wow - I love all of your makes, but the handbag is just AMAZING, with charms too! ACE - Michelle x

tiggertastic said...

amazing work chris, and the insert for the swan card is such a special and perfect finishing touch.

Sarah x

Classroomfree said...

Fabulous range of designs Chris - love the handbag card and the swan one, gorgeous stuff :)

Myzdamena said...

Hopped here from the Crafts Beautiful blog list.. *waves*

You're so talented I don't think I should come back I feel so jealous! lol...

Seriously, you fit the card to each occasion really well, I wish I had half your talent... do you have any spare you can lob to North Yorkshire please? lol

xxx

Tracy said...

Helloooo,
stopping by trying to catch up in the land of blog and wow loving your distressed cards and the origami flowers oh and the welcome home card,lol, can you tell i have enjoyed my visit!!!
Truly gorgeous and looking forward to popping by again soon.
Hugs
Tracy
xxx

Carrie said...

Hello, I have followed you over from the Crafts Beautiful forums and became a liker.

Really love everything but have to say the handbag is out of this world!! Fantastic work!!!

Happy Crafting,
Carrie xx